Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Perfection????

So Ive really been thinking on this topic for a VERY long time.... since I believe 05... that's my senior year in high school... so Ive got a bit to say.
People in this world are always trying to compare and measure themselves to this word... and then when you ask them what "Perfection" IS they really struggle in trying to define it. I hear things like "Being perfect means you're beautiful." I've heard "It means you cant feel any pain... and you never ever get sick or sad." "you maintain the appearance of your bodies most prime age and condition..." "you know everything.." "you never make mistakes" "you have all the talents in the world" "everything is easy for you"...etc. and In all reality it just gets under my skin....
Does Being perfect mean that my senses are no longer able to feel something as unpleasant as pain??? Does Being perfect mean that there is nothing left for me to discover or learn??? does Being perfect mean that my emotions become limited?? or that working out will never produce results for me again? or that all individuality goes out the window??? to me this sounds like Hell not perfection...
It just feels so wrong... Can you imagine what it would be like to not feel physical pain??? the skin is just littered with hundreds of thousands to millions of nerve endings more sensitive in some areas and less in others. Pain being the over stimulation and/or shock given to them. If I'm perfect and i bump my elbow on the corner of a table as i turn to stand up what would happen?? would I even know that I did it??? or is the argument that perfection means that i wouldn't have bumped the table in the first place... what if I'm wrestling and somebody gets me in an arm bar or something... am i gona feel it??? or is wrestling not even aloud when you're perfect???
this is a big thought and can go round and round.... personally I believe that there must exist an opposite to EVERYTHING. Be it emotion, sensation, talent, or physical image.... I cant believe that being perfect means a "Lack" of. but instead complete control over.
Not the absence of pain but the complete control over your reaction to it. not the knowledge of all things, but the understanding of all things, not the inability to make mistakes, but the wisdom to correct them and adapt to the situation. not the simply possessing all the talent in the world, but mastering those that you have and seeking out others.
Does that make sense or am I crazy???
I feel like without all of these "unpleasentries" we suffer that we would find ourselves not in total bliss but in utter depression, desiring nothing more than to find meaning to existence. Perfection is not the absence of Evil but the domination over it.
summed up id say perfection is the spirits mastery of the body, and your intelligences understanding of your spirit.
I really needed to get that off of my chest... I know that it may seem choppy or like I might have left some points uncovered, but i think i got the gist of it down... if not this thing could go on to double or even triple in size... haha
I hope somebody other than me benefits from my scribblings...
Ben

2 comments:

  1. Jesus Christ was perfect and he still felt pain. Physical and emotional pain.

    You're absolutley right. We have to feel the bad, the terrible, the ugly, to understand and appreciate the good, wonderful and beautiful things in our life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dictionary says the definition of Perfect is "excellent or complete beyond practical or theoretical improvement". So to be perfect you are complete.

    ReplyDelete